Friday, June 29, 2007

Settling In - or Not


Long time no write. Sorry. I have spent the past few weeks transitioning. A new apartment, new faces, a brand new college ID with a hideous mug-shot, and fortunately a brand new hair dresser who understands my short-hair needs. Shortly after my arrival, one of the brand new faces extracted my sexual preferences - which are not necessarily obvious. I was in shock when she told me that being out in the city as well as in my department would be an unwise move. What a scam! During my interview I was made to believe that I had scored a diversity sanctuary. Naturally before I accepted the offer I had searched any online information, which must be somewhat exaggerated. Needless to say that for the past few days my initial enthusiasm has faded, and I feel terribly isolated. I miss the past...
In any case, here are some images from my journey to the now not so perfect liberal arts college:




No comments: