Thursday, April 5, 2007

Just a story that makes you want to bang your head against the wall

I just remembered an incident that showed me how ignorant and closed minded this world still is.
One year ago the college of my current visiting position took a giant leap forward and decided to include same sex partners in the benefits package awarded to full time faculty and staff. After the announcement was made by a campus-wide email that morning, one of the staff members approached me regarding this new development with the following comment: "Does this mean that we now have to pay increased health insurance premiums because of all those homosexuals with AIDS?"

1 comment:

Lesboprof said...

Well, that could make a person crazy!

Hey, I would love to talk with you about the school... Would you email me at lesboprof@gmail.com so we could discuss it?